Disguise a Gingerbread Man Family Project
Your task, should you choose to participate, is to think of a storybook character, then create a disguise for the gingerbread man based on that character. Please cut out the template attached and decorate with whatever materials you have available. Have fun and get creative! Return to the library by Dec.13 to be displayed. Please include your name and the book that inspired you on the back.
Help Needed for Annual Kiker Library Inventory (December 5-18)
Do you like “beeping” books? Are you thrilled by a sense of order? Then we have a job for you! Come help with our annual library inventory! If you are interested, go to the SignUpGenius webpage for our inventory schedule. The more “beepers” we have, the faster we can get finished. So sign up early and often. Please pass this on to friends who might want to help out. Thank you!
Thank you for coming to our Enchanted Forest Book Fair!
When we see students get so excited about reading, we know that we can declare our Book Fair a success!
All for Books – Our All for Books Program was a success and Allison Elementary will be getting many wonderful books for their library. Because we exceeded our goal of $700, we will be having Pajama Day on December 19. Way to go, Kiker Comets!
Teacher Wish List Program – Many, many books were given to classroom teachers through the Teacher Wish List Program and they and their students are very grateful.
With our proceeds, our library will now have funds to
• Purchase New Library Books and EBooks
• Purchase Supplies, Makerspace, and some programmable bots/devices
• Fund the Summer Library Program
• Partially Fund the Library Clerk Position
Thanks for making a difference.
We hope to see you at the Spring Dino-Mite Book Fair April 24-26.
Library General Info
Our goal is to provide up-to-date, relevant, and appropriate resources which facilitate and extend learning and meet students’ individual needs. We model and encourage life-long learning and literacy as a source of pleasure and power. Kiker library is available to all Kiker students. Thanks to your support we have a generous collection of books that address a variety of interests.
Here are some things you need to know about the library:
- All students in grades 2-5 may check out three library books. Our librarians recommend that students check out a fiction/efiction book, a nonfiction book, and a free choice book. All library books are due two weeks from the check-out date. Students may renew books twice.
- PK, PPCD, K, and 1st graders are scheduled to come to the library once every week for 30-minutes. Students will alternate between Story time/check out one week and a Makerspace Time/check out the next week. Students may check out up to three books. The teacher will decide how many the students may check out, usually beginning with one book.
- 2nd – 5th grade students visit the library once every other week. The 45-minute library time includes story time/library lessons/makerspace and book check out. Teachers may also send students to the library during Open Check Out time or as needed during the school day.
Kiker Library Hours:
- The Library is open 7:45 – 3:30 every school day.
- We have Open Check Out every day from 7:45 – 8:15 and 2:15 – 2:45 so that any student may visit the library and check out or renew library books.
- The Library is also open after school from 3:00 – 3:30 for any student as long as they are accompanied by an adult. We will be closed on meeting days. Students are not allowed to be in the library after school without adult supervision.
- Use a quiet voice
- Move about in a quiet manner
- Help keep the library in order
- Are patient when needing help
- Follow directions
5913 La Crosse Ave
Austin TX 78739
Phone 512 414 5360
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KikerLibrary