Free Ticket to Six Flags Fiesta Texas for Kiker Students K-5!
Six Flags Six Hour Reading Club February 7 – March 31
Do you like to ride roller coasters? Do you like to float in a lazy winding river? Now your student can read their way to a fun day at a Six Flags Fiesta Texas! Students are asked to read an extra six hours in addition to what is required by classroom teachers. You can keep track on the reading log then enter the information on the website sixflags.com/books Each class has a unique code printed on the reading log. Books read for other reading programs do not count toward this goal. Reading logs must be completed online by March 31. Students who complete the required six hours of reading and enter their information on the online reading log by the deadline will receive a free ticket to a Six Flags Fiesta Texas to be used during the summer. DEADLINE – March 31, 2020. Tickets will be distributed at the end of the school year.
Here is a writing contest for all of our budding authors K-5. Please download and submit any entries online. Contest is OPEN now through March 31.
This summer we will NOT be offering Camp Bluebonnet at Kiker/Clayton. While this next year’s book selections are great, they do not lend themselves to the kids of programming and activities that we normally have at our camp. We apologize to any campers (and parents) that were looking forward to this year’s camp. We are disappointed as well. Maybe next summer!
Library General Info
Our goal is to provide up-to-date, relevant, and appropriate resources which facilitate and extend learning and meet students’ individual needs. We model and encourage life-long learning and literacy as a source of pleasure and power. Kiker library is available to all Kiker students. Thanks to your support we have a generous collection of books that address a variety of interests.
Here are some things you need to know about the library:
- All students in grades 2-5 may check out three library books. Our librarians recommend that students check out a fiction/efiction book, a nonfiction book, and a free choice book. All library books are due two weeks from the check-out date. Students may renew books twice.
- PK, PPCD, K, and 1st graders are scheduled to come to the library once every week for 30-minutes. Students will alternate between Story time/check out one week and a Makerspace Time/check out the next week. Students may check out up to three books. The teacher will decide how many the students may check out, usually beginning with one book.
- 2nd – 5th grade students visit the library once every other week. The 45-minute library time includes story time/library lessons/makerspace and book check out. Teachers may also send students to the library during Open Check Out time or as needed during the school day.
Kiker Library Hours:
- The Library is open 7:45 – 3:30 every school day.
- We have Open Check Out every day from 7:45 – 8:15 and 2:15 – 2:45 so that any student may visit the library and check out or renew library books.
- The Library is also open after school from 3:00 – 3:30 for any student as long as they are accompanied by an adult. We will be closed on meeting days. Students are not allowed to be in the library after school without adult supervision.
- Use a quiet voice
- Move about in a quiet manner
- Help keep the library in order
- Are patient when needing help
- Follow directions
5913 La Crosse Ave
Austin TX 78739
Phone 512 414 5360
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/KikerLibrary