Dr. Lori Schneider Scholarship for High School Students
Kiker Elementary PTA’s Dr. Lori Schneider Scholarship for High School Graduates honors our former principal who valued education and left a legacy of kindness, dignity and respect (KDR) during her 14 year tenure at principal of the school. It also celebrates high school graduates who are committed to education and who embody KDR. Applicants must have attended Kiker Elementary School. To apply, email your application to KikerPTAscholarship@gmail.com.
IF YOU PHYSICALLY MAILED YOUR SCHOLARSHIP AFTER MARCH 20, PLEASE RESUBMIT BY EMAIL. DUE TO COVID-19 CLOSURES, WE ARE UNABLE TO RECEIVE PHYSICAL MAIL. SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO APRIL 20.
- Resume of Service in Community and Extra-curricular / Work activities
- Completed Student / Parent Authorization Form
- Completed Application Form
- Most current High School Transcript (optional))
About the scholarship:
Application deadline: Emailed no later than April 20 (deadline extended March 30 due to complications from Covid-19).
The amount of the scholarship will be $500. The Selection Committee will consist of the following: Administrative Staff, PTA Vice President, Teacher / Staff, PTA At-large.
- August/September – Selection committee meets to finalize and make changes to the Scholarship Application. Any changes need to be met with PTA Board approval.
- March 1 – Application window opens.
- April 20 – Application window closes (extended from March 30 due to complications from Covid-19).
- April 30 – Determination of scholarship recipient(s) made no later than this date. May 1 – Recipient(s) notified of decision by email and posted to Kiker website.
- Fifth grade graduation ceremony (or a PTA general meeting) – Awards and recognition of scholarship recipient(s).
2019 Scholarship recipients: Rachael Baschnagel. Cade Blagdan, Carina Vockell, Swati Yarlagadda